AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital in Sherman, TX
For more than 10 years, Texoma Veterinary Hospital has been accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. This requires our team’s full commitment to the highest standards of care in veterinary medicine. Why do we do this? Because we see your pet the way that you do: as a beloved member of your family and an irreplaceable part of your life. Call (903) 300-1547 to learn more about how our AAHA accreditation benefits you and your pet!
How a Practice Earns (and Keeps) Its Accreditation
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is dedicated to helping animal hospitals throughout North America realize their full potential. Staying at the very forefront of changes in veterinary medicine and science, AAHA sets the highest medical and surgical standards for hospitals to follow.
To become accredited, an animal hospital’s team members must work together to meet these high standards on a regular basis. Every 3 years, AAHA experts inspect hospitals to make sure that they are still meeting these standards. To date, only about 15% of all animal hospitals in North America are accredited.
Some of the Standards We Follow
The 900+ standards outlined by AAHA are divided into 18 categories and include:
- Maintaining a dedicated sterile surgical suite
- Communicating clearly and regularly with our clients about their pet’s health
- Keeping a complete medical history on each patient
- Carrying the highest-quality vaccines and vaccinating according to AAHA’s guidelines
- Treating all of our clients and patients with the respect and empathy they deserve
- Protocols for dispensing and storing controlled substances and prescription drugs
- Providing an environment that is safe, clean, and comfortable for all visitors
See the Difference for Yourself
Giving you and your pet the best care possible every time you visit is our priority. We’d be happy to tell you more about our accreditation and how we can meet your pet’s needs. Call (903) 300-1547 to speak with one of our team members and if you like, you can visit aaha.org for additional information.